Admission to the majority of Graduate courses at the University of Cambridge is dealt with by the Graduate Admissions Office. Exceptions are:
- Applications for the MBA and MFin are sent directly to the Judge Business School
Graduate applicants must be accepted by a Faculty or Department as well as a College; the Graduate Admissions Office therefore sends your application in the first instance to the relevant Department. If you are offered a place, the Graduate Admissions Office then forwards your application to the College who will write to you if they are willing to make you an offer of membership.
All offers of a College place are conditional until the Graduate Admissions Office is satisfied that you have met all the conditions (financial and academic) they set you for entry as a graduate student.
Details of courses, qualifications and application procedures are given in the University of Cambridge Course Directory where you can also find out how to submit an application.
Alternatively, you can contact the Graduate Admissions Office at 17 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1RX, telephone 01223 760606, email email@example.com. Further help and information on studying as a graduate can be found on the University of Cambridge Graduate Union pages.
All students of Cambridge University are required to become members of a College. You may choose up to two Colleges to consider your application, should you be made an offer by a Department. If you wish to apply for a place at Wolfson College, you should list Wolfson as your first choice.
Why choose Wolfson College?
We recognise that many postgraduate students enjoy being in the more mature community at Wolfson, and College life reflects the preferences and interests of mature students. Our stimulating international atmosphere and strong overseas presence, bringing together students, research scholars and visitors, has earned us the reputation as ‘the most cosmopolitan college in the University of Cambridge’ where a warm and informal atmosphere is fostered.
- Wolfson is an exciting place to study, with postgraduate scholars from all over the world studying a multitude of degrees and adding an international dimension to College life. Diversity is enhanced by the presence of our mature undergraduate and part-time students
- The college is just five minutes’ walk from the Sidgwick site, where most Humanities faculties (English, Law, Modern & Medieval Languages and History) and lecture halls are situated, ten minutes from the University Library and fifteen minutes from the town centre.
- We are also conveniently located for the West Cambridge site, where the Mathematics Faculty, Vet School, Cavendish Laboratory and Computer Laboratories are to be found.
- We offer a variety of sports clubs, a well-equipped gym, and social societies ranging from Tango and Salsa dance clubs, Aerobics, Football, Yoga and T’ai Chi, to Badminton, Rowing, Table Tennis and Tandem cycling. For a full list of current clubs and societies, please see the WCSA website.
- We host the infamous Wolfson Howler comedy night, which has recently staged headliner performances from the likes of Russell Howard and Chris Addison.
- We are experienced at recognising the unique levels of support required by postgraduate students and offer facilities tailored specifically to their needs. Along with a dedicated tutorial team (all students are assigned a pastoral tutor who looks after their welfare throughout their studies), there are student welfare officers who have been fully trained to provide peer support.
- Our community continues all year round with accommodation being available in vacations as well as term time, and catering continuing almost throughout the year.
College provision for Graduate Students
A joint statement has been agreed by all Colleges of the University of Cambridge,which summarises the benefits and services that a student can expect from a College. However, many individual colleges choose to exceed these obligations. The summary of the core provision is set out below: the standard text indicates the minimum levels guaranteed by all colleges, and the text in bold indicates the additional benefits available at Wolfson.