Who can use the Wolfson College gym?
The gym is open to:
- Current students
- Current Fellows
- Current College Research Associates (CRAs)
- Permanent staff
All users of the gym must be aged 18 or older.
How do you access the College gym?
You can access the gym with your University ID card, which needs to be enabled.
What are the guidelines for using the gym?
In order to ensure everyone using the gym is safe during the prolonged period of the pandemic, please follow the following guidelines:
- Sanitise your hands before and after using the gym.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Bring your own water bottles.
- Maintain social distancing of 1m+.
- Do not enter the gym during designated cleaning times.
- Keep the gym well-ventilated. Keep doors and windows open.
- Keep the numbers to a reasonable level; if the gym looks crowded, or makes you uncomfortable, then do not go in.
- Consider using the gardens or another outside space to exercise rather than indoors.
What equipment does the gym have?
|Cross Trainer||Up to 600kg of free weights plates|
|Two running machine||Fixed bench press|
|Stepper||Two adjustable benches|
|Three fixed bikes||A seated calf-raise machine|
|Boxing bag||Dumbells ranging from 1kg to 40kg (in 2.5kg graduations)|
|Two rowing machines||Three Olympic 20kg bars and one 15kg bar|
|Adjustable bench for sit ups||Power cage for squats with seated cable pull for seated lat pull downs and rows|
|Leg extension and leg curl cable machine||Cable machine with tricep rope/bar and lat pulldown attachments|
|Selection of swiss balls and mats||Back extension machine|
|Kettle bells ranging from 2.5kgs to 20kgs.|