Wolfson College Sports Awards
Wolfson College students may apply for Sports Awards once in each academic year. You can complete the application form here
Criteria for Award
- Applicants should be student members of Wolfson College and training or competing for the University in a sport for which a Blue or Half-Blue is awarded.
- Funds are limited; priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Sports Bursary in the past.
- As it is impossible for the selection committee to evaluate applicants’ financial circumstances accurately, these are not taken into account. We assume that only students who are in genuine need of financial assistance to pursue their sport will apply for these bursaries.
- It is not possible to fully fund any one person’s expenses (except in cases of very small expenditure).
- Grants not more than £400 may be awarded; the Committee would also cover the costs of annual subscriptions that exceed £200 and/or, where justified, for other direct training costs (e.g. swimming fees, coaching); there's a limit the amount it awards for team kit to a sum of not more than an overall limit of £100/year. Gym memberships, physiotherapy, food and housing will not normally be considered when making awards.
Hawks' Charitable Trust
The Hawks’ Charitable Trust provides awards to support students from all Colleges who are engaged in sport at the Varsity, national or international level. We'd encourage all students who are competing for the University to apply for a Hawks’ award, the deadline for which is usually early in the Lent Term. Applications and information are available on their website.