Bicycles at Bredon House

Fees & Funding (UG)

We want every undergraduate student who has a place at Wolfson to be able to fund their studies.

Bicycles at Bredon House

The cost of studying is often a major concern for mature undergraduates. It's a good idea to start thinking early about how to cover your costs and look into the many forms of financial support that are available from the government, the University and the College. 

What will it cost?

There are three elements to the cost of studying at Cambridge: University fees, College fees and Maintenance.

University Fees

All undergraduate students pay a University tuition fee (also known as the University Composition Fee). The fee you will pay depends on your fee status, and can be calculated via the University Website. Following Brexit, most students from EU countries will be classed as "International" for fees. Check the Brexit FAQs for more information.

College Fees

If you are a UK student studying for your first undergraduate degree or undertaking a second undergraduate degree in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Architecture, you do not need to pay a College fee. You must pay the College fee if you are an international student, or if you are a UK student undertaking a second undergraduate degree in any subject other than Medicine, Veterinary Medicine or Architecture. The University website has detailed information about University and College fees for international students and UK students pursuing their second undergraduate degree.

For all enquiries relating to fees, please contact Birgit Lintner in the College Office. New students are strongly advised to read through our Payments & Fees page for more information.


Maintenance means living costs – rent, food, books and so on. Read more about the typical living costs for Cambridge undergraduates here.

Financial Support

Financial assistance is available from the government, the University and the College

There may be some financial support for International Students.

Students from the United States can find out more information about funding on the Cambridge University Consumer information page, and you can find specific information about applying for a federal loan to study at the University of Cambridge on the US loans page.  

UK Students with dependents may be eligible for additional funding from the relevant Student Finance authority for England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.