Wolfson College

Applying with a disability, SpLD or long-term health condition

At Wolfson, we provide lots of support for students who might have a disability, a Specific Learning Difficulty (such as dyslexia or dyspraxia), or a long-term mental or physical illness.

Wolfson College

Where to get support

If you’re applying to join us, please get in touch with our College Admissions Office to discuss your specific requirements.

We would also recommend that you contact the University’s Disability Resource Centre (DRC), who have lots of information that can help. 

As well as the centrally-located Disability Resource Centre, the University also has a Counselling Service and numerous resources to enable students with disabilities of all kinds to live and study at Cambridge.


Applying to Wolfson

Before applying to Wolfson, make sure you read all the information on the Disability Resource Centre website.  

When you complete your UCAS form, please tick the disability disclosure box and choose the most relevant category for you. All candidates who tick this box should  read the letter and complete the form in the following document:


Most applicants are also required to take a written admission assessment, either pre-interview or at interview. Disclosing a disability, specific learning difficulty, or health condition in your UCAS application will also help us to make appropriate adjustments to the admission assessment and interview process, if required.

If your disability, Specific Learning Difficulty, or long-term illness has seriously disrupted or disadvantaged your education, we would also encourage you to submit an Extenuating Circumstances Form. This provides additional context against which we can consider a candidate's academic record or, where appropriate, interview performance.

When you have an offer

The DRC will contact all offer holders who have declared a disability on their UCAS form. Please have a look at the DRC’s website to see the level of support you should expect to receive from them once you’ve received an offer. 

You will also be assigned a College Tutor, who will help you liaise with the DRC and will provide you with pastoral support during your Cambridge studies.

Please get in touch with our College Tutorial Office and/or the Disability Resource Centre with any questions or concerns you have relating to a disability, Specific Learning Difficulty or long-term illness. 

We also ask all students whether they have any special accommodation needs as one of the questions on the accommodation request form in the late-August / early September before you start your course. We take this into account when we allocate accommodation.