Information for Offer Holders
Congratulations on obtaining an offer to study at Wolfson College! We look forward to seeing you.
It is very important that you update us with any change of postal or email addresses as well as contact telephone numbers. If these details do change then please let us know by email.
- What do I need to do before I arrive?
- Accept your offer of College membership: Along with your offer letter confirming that you have been accepted for Wolfson membership, you will be sent a link to the College Membership Form. (Please note that completion of the College’s Membership Form is not related to the formal conditions of offer set by the Postgraduate Admissions Office and is purely for College purposes.)
- Applications for College funding: The deadline to apply for the awards will be 5pm (BST) on Monday 17 April 2023. Unfortunately, if you have not recevied an offer of Wolfson College membership and/or you haven't submitted the online application form for awards by the 17 April, you will not be considered for Wolfson funding. Information on available College funding for Postgraduates can be found on our Scholarships & Awards webpage
- Information for international students, including applying for a visa can be found on the International Students webpages
- Information on arriving in Cambridge can be found on the University's Arrival webpage, including a schedule of Freshers' events
- Further, useful information will be available later in Summer 2023 on the Wolfson Getting Started webpage, including links to online student registration, information on travelling to Wolfson and induction events
- Please see our FAQs on Fees & Finance, which includes information on how to pay your fees upon arrival.
- Take a look at the section for Current Students, which provides detailed information on Wolfson College, be it academic, social or simply practical information.
- How do I tell you about a disability or important medical condition?
You will be sent a copy of the University's Accessibility and Disability Resource Centre (ADRC) Student Information Form. The Accessibility and Disability Resource Centre also has a secure online version of the Student Information Form which you can fill in now.
If relevant, we strongly encourage you to do this as soon as possible. Engaging with the ADRC before you get your results will make for an easier transition into student life. You can find out more about the ADRC on their website.
Wolfson welcomes applications from students with disabilities- please do contact us early in your preparation to discuss any support you may require including any specific accommodation you may need.
- When can I apply for accommodation (full-time students starting in Michaelmas term)?
Students are eligible to apply for accommodation once their admission has been confirmed by the Postgraduate Admissions Office. The Accommodation Manager will invite students in order of admission, with invitations usually starting to be sent around mid-July. There is no need to contact us - we will contact you. Please regularly check all your mailboxes, including your junk folder, and reply swiftly.
If you are an offer holder who requires family accommodation please notify the Postgraduate Administrator as soon as possible.
- When will accommodation run out?
This is difficult to predict as demand varies each year. Certain types of accommodation, such as Family Flats and couples accommodation fill up sooner. Students are invited to apply for accommodation in order of admission, so the sooner you meet your conditions of offer set by the PAO and have your admission confirmed, the more likely you are to secure College accommodation.
- Can Lent term or Easter term starters get College accommodation?
If you are starting in Lent or Easter terms, please contact the Accommodation Manager when you receive confirmation of admission. Accommodation is not guaranteed for Lent or Easter term starters but sometimes rooms do become available at this time.
- Can the College help me find private accommodation?
We are not able to help with this. We suggest you register with the University Accommodation Service. Joining the Offerholders’ Facebook page (usually set up in May), which you will be emailed the link to, allows you to chat with current students who have been through this process and other offerholders searching for private accommodation, which can be helpful. Cambridge is well provisioned with a range of student accommodation.
- When can I move into College accommodation?
The move in date for postgraduates is Saturday 30 September 2023. Early arrivals can only be permitted if your course requires it, for what is known as a "pre-sessional course".
- Summer Virtual Events for Offer Holders
To help you get to know Wolfson, understand the Cambridge collegiate system, meet other offer holders and have your questions answered we run a series of virtual sessions for you in June and July. The dates for 2023 are yet to be confirmed. You'll receive full details with times and Zoom links by email nearer the time. We encourage you to attend as many of them as you can - last year's offer holders found them extremely useful and gave them fantastic feedback.
Introduction to Wolfson, date tbc
Find out how the Cambridge collegiate system works, meet key staff, hear about the lively academic community in College and ask your questions about general topics not covered in the other sessions. NB: Funding and Accommodation questions will be covered in later sessions.
Funding, date tbc
A Q&A session where you can ask anything to do with funding applications, deadlines and availability.
Introduction to the Library and Academic support, date tbc
Meet Wolfson Librarian Laura Jeffrey and find out how the Library works, what they do to support students and the fantastic academic skills programme they offer.
Accommodation, date tbc
A Q&A session with Accommodation Manager Jo Fisher. Ask any of your questions about accommodation on offer, applying for it and living in Cambridge. You can pre submit questions for this session by emailing the Outreach and Student Recruitment Officer.
Meet the current students, date tbc
Current students will be on hand to tell you about the social and welfare life of the College. You can also ask them your questions, on anything from food to Cambridge cycling!
- Does the College have any funding for me?
All the funding available from Wolfson is advertised on the College website and listed on the University’s funding search. Unfortunately if you have applied here and been unsuccessful we do not have further funding available. The deadline to apply for Wolfson awards is 5pm BST 17 April 2023. If your application is sent to us after the 19 April, you will not be considered for Wolfson funding.
- When will I hear if I have received College funding?
You should have heard by 31st July (exact date tbc), but if not, you can enquire from the Student Finance officer.
- When You Get Here
The Getting Started webpage will be updated later in Summer 2023 with information concerning arriving at Wolfson, including completing College registration, registering with a GP, induction timetables, matriculation and more!
Matriculation marks the formal admission of a student’s membership of the University and College. It is an agreement to conform to both the University and College regulations. During the Matriculation ceremony, the President will officially welcome new students to Wolfson. This is an important occasion, which new students are expected to attend. Confirmed arrangements will be sent to new students before the start of their first term. The Getting Started webpage will also display any updated arrangements for Matriculation.