All Master's and PhD students must pay a composition fee to the College and the University; these fees are listed on the University Composition Fee table. Students must also pay for their maintenance whilst at College. Fortunately we usually offer affordable accommodation to PhD students for up to three years. Through the graduate admissions website you can calculate your minimum annual financial commitment.
New students are strongly advised to read through our Payments & Fees page for more information.
Funding your Studies
The Student Funding Search is the principal source of information about financial support for study and research at Cambridge. It collates information about awards, deadlines and eligibility for funding awarded by the University and the Colleges. To look for Wolfson Scholarships, enter Wolfson College or Wolfson in the "add keyword" search box.
Generous donations and careful management of our endowment enable the College to provide a wide range of financial support to its students, including:
- Merit-based scholarships to assist students with the cost of tuition and living costs.
- Research and Travel Awards to support students' research activities, conference travel or subject-related special projects.
- Academic prizes that reward outstanding performance in undergraduate or Master's examinations.
- Music awards to support Wolfson musicians in their studies and performance.
- Sports awards to assist students who are competing in Varsity-level sport.
- Hardship funds to assist students with unanticipated financial difficulties.