Philip also holds the following positions:
- Distinguished Adjunct Professor of Economics, University of Utah, US
- Research Associate, Levy Economics Institute, New York, US
He was previously :
- Visiting Professor, University of Leeds, UK (2013-2015)
- Professorial Research Associate School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, UK (2003-2010).
- Chief Academic (External) Adviser to the UK Government Economic Service (GES) on Professional Development in Economics (2005-2013)
- Eonomics consultant on the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) programme, under the auspices of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) (2009-2010)
Philip is holder of the ‘Queen Victoria Eugenia’ award of the British Hispanic Chair of Doctoral Studies, and has been awarded ‘homage’ by the Brazilian Keynesian Association (AKB) for his contribution to the spread of Keynesianism in Brazil. He holds the AcSS award of Academician of the Academy of Social Sciences for contributions to Social Science (September 2012 to July 2014). After July 2014 changed to FAcSS (Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences).
Philip was honoured through the Thomas Divine Award of the Association for Social Economics (ASE). This award is presented annually to an Association member who over a lifetime has made important contributions to social economics and the social economy. The award was given at the annual meeting of the ASSA, Philadelphia, USA, at their annual meeting of 4-6 January 2018.
Marquis Who's Who has selected Philip Arestis for their official Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award. This selection to receive this prestigious award is "as a result of hard work and dedication to our profession".
He has published as sole author or editor, as well as co-author and co-editor, a number of books, contributed in the form of invited chapters to numerous books, produced research reports for research institutes, and has published widely in academic journals. He is, and has been, on the editorial board of a number of economics journals.