Marie did her BA and AKC at King’s College London (1965-1968) and her PhD at Girton College, Cambridge (1968-1974).
Although Marie continues to dabble happily in mediaeval history in her spare time, and to write occasional reviews for learned journals, she now works primarily for her local RC church, where she is a Eucharistic Minister and a joyfully active member of the Society of St Vincent de Paul.
Her husband Roger is now Emeritus Fellow and archivist of Peterhouse, and their son Edmund is a deputy headmaster in Kenya.
Marie has held the following positions at Wolfson:
- Fellow and Tutor (1981-1994 and 2004-2011)
- Acting Senior Tutor for 3 months (1986)
- Senior Fellow (2009-2011)
- Director of Studies in History (1982-2008)
- Emeritus Fellow (2011-present)