Wolfson College Music Society provides a wide range of concerts throughout the year.
- Our Lunchtime Concert Series is held on Saturdays at 1.30pm in the Lee Hall and showcases musical talent from across the university.
- There are major choral concerts at the end of Michaelmas and Lent Term Concerts. These give performance opportunities to the College Choir, and to talented Wolfson soloists and ensembles and outside guests such as BBC Radio 2 Young Chorister of the Year.
- Music & Madeira are professional concerts in the Lee Hall following Formal Hall. Recent performers include flautist Daniel Pailthorpe, tenor Andrew Kennedy, Classico Latino, The Revolutionary Drawing room, The King's Men and guitarist Craig Ogden.
- There are also occasional Early Music recitals on selected Friday evenings before Formal Hall.
- Our end of year concert is The Mary Bevan Recital given by winners of the CUMS Concerto competition.
Monday 1 October 8.00-10.00pm Lee Hall
Wolfson College Choir: First Choir Rehearsal
New members welcome. No audition for Wolfson students for their first term. Choir Rehearsal is every Monday during Full Term until 26 November; weekly attendance is expected.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about joining.
Saturday 6 October 1.30pm Lee Hall
Lunchtime Concert: The Tee Trio
Weng Soon Tee piano Clarissa Lim violin Laura Jane Armstrong cello
Students from the Royal Academy of Music
Frank Bridge: Three Miniatures for Piano Trio, Nos 1-3 Felix Mendelssohn: Piano Trio in D minor
Friday 12 October 7.30pm Dinner with free Recital in the Lee Hall at 9.00pm
Jazz & Madeira
Franz Nowak piano Freddie Jensen double bass
Saturday 27 October 1.30pm Lee Hall
Lunchtime Concert: Duo Vocal Recital
Lynette Alcántara mezzo-soprano Natanya Hadda alto Jonathan Phillips piano
Tuesday 30 October 6.15pm Lee Hall
Michaelmas Term College Service
A 45-minute service led by the College Chaplains with music from Wolfson College Choir
Followed by a drinks reception – all welcome!
Friday 9 November 6.30-7.10pm Lee Hall
Early Music Recital: Une Soirée de Théorbe et Clavecin
Yair Avidor theorbo Dan Tidhar harpsichord
French music for theorbo and harpsichordby De Visée, Lully, d’Anglebert, and others
Saturday 10 November 1.30pm Lee Hall
JoAna Duo flute & piano
Works by Poulenc, Copland and Martinů
Saturday 17 November 1.30pm Lee Hall
Wolfson Student Musicians
Sunday 25 November 7.30pm to 9.30pm Lee Hall
Michaelmas Term Concert: A Hymn to St Cecilia
Celebrating Lynette Alcántara’s 20th anniversary as Director of Music
Wolfson College Choir and members of the Music Society
Lynette Alcántara director
Music by Britten, Schubert, Howells and Purcell
Tuesday 27 November 7.30pm Dinner with free Recital in the Lee Hall at 9.00pm
Music & Madeira with Cambridge University Brass Band
A selection of seasonal music for brass
Saturday 1 December 1.30pm Lee Hall
Supakorn Aekaputra piano
Music from Anime films
Sunday 2 December 7pm St Mark’s Church, Newnham
Advent Carol Service
Carols led by Wolfson College Choir directed by Lynette Alcántara
Download a copy of the Concert Calendar.
Enquiries to email@example.com