Partners and Children


Residential partners of members of the College are encouraged to take part in College life.

All social and sporting facilities are available to residential partners who register as an Associate Member of WCSA. They should obtain a Catering Card from the Porters' Lodge, which will also give access to the back gate of College. Users of the College Gym must register personal access to the gym annually, and because residential partners don't have a personal University Card, they may obtain access to the gym by borrowing a guest card from the Porter's Lodge when they wish to use the gym.

The College Library is reserved for students, but other than that residential partners are regarded as full participants in College life. All social and sports events that are free to Wolfson members are also free to residential partners who are Associate Members of WCSA.

Student parents

Wolfson is a mature-student community, and many of our students are parents. There is also considerable information and help available for parents from the University Childcare Office, including an online Cambridge Guide for Student Parents.

Childcare costs

Students may apply to the University's Central Childcare Bursary Scheme. The Government also provides means-tested grants for home students with children. Information about this scheme is available here.