"It provided a good overview - in an easy-to-follow yet comprehensive manner, whilst providing enough detail and instruction that I could go away and trial the techniques to see which worked best for me. I only wish I had taken the course earlier!"
Student feedback from a Wolfson Academic Skills workshop delivered in 2018-19
WolfWorks is a programme of skills development workshops run throughout the academic year. There are two strands: one for undergraduates and another for research skills. We cover topics relevant to everyone such as note making, critical thinking, speed reading and time management as well as researcher-specific skills of data management, metrics and getting published.
Distance Learning students are always welcome to contact the college to find how we can support your skills development. We offer bespoke 1-2-1 sessions with the Academic Skills Librarian when you are in Cambridge, can Zoom/Teams or respond by email and provide a range of online materials on the Wolfson College LibGuide.
Our programme will be focused around themes this term and open for both undergraduates and postgraduates to attend. WolfWorks workshops will be held on Saturdays from 10:00- 13:00, with time for hands-on experience, with speakers and librarians on hand to answer questions.
- 29 January: Communicating your Research: books, journal articles and funding applications
- 5 February: Communicating Your Research at a Conference (in collaboration with Wolfson Research Event)
- Presenting your Research- with confidence, clarity and style!
- Planning and Making a Poster
- WRE Guidance Q&A Session
- 12 February: Planning your Dissertation
- 26 February: Employment Skills
- 12 March: Preparing for Exams
Bookings will be available shortly.