Using the library
Access & Hours
The Lee Seng Tee Library (Lee Library) is open to all current students, fellows and staff of Wolfson College, as well as Visiting Fellows and Scholars.
The building is open 24 hours a day all year with the exception of 25/26 December and 1 January (with early closing on 24 December and 31 December).
Access to the main rooms is controlled by your University Card.
Watch these videos to find out more:
- Using the library (with audio) - an introduction to our services and facilities (you can also see it on this page by hovering over the image on the left)
Our collections support the taught courses that our students are studying, but we also have collections on study skills, wellbeing and travel. If you are not sure how to find a book in the Library read our page on Finding Books or watch this video:
- Finding and borrowing books (with audio) - using iDiscover, how to borrow, recall and return books.
As a Wolfson student, you have access to the University of Cambridge’s extensive range of books, journals and online databases. Many of these resources are accessed via iDiscover, however, some are only listed and accessed via the portals listed below. Our librarians are here to help you make the most of this wealth of material.
- Everything (including books, ebooks, journals, articles, news, reports)
- Books (including books, ebooks, and journals)
- Article Databases (including scholarly articles, news, reports)
- Journals (search for a particular journal title in print and electronic format)
Suggest a Book Purchase
Library users are welcome and encouraged to make suggestions for new book purchases for the Library at any time. All suggestions are considered carefully by the Librarian in the context of the Lee Library Collection Development Policy and current purchasing priorities and in consultation with the relevant Director of Studies for the subject area where necessary. The Lee Library does not usually buy specialist research material, and consideration may be given to the likely number of users and the longevity of a title when deciding whether to make a purchase.
We source most of our books from a specialist library supplier and orders usually take around one to two weeks to arrive. Urgent orders can sometimes by satisfied more quickly (i.e. you should not be discouraged from making a suggestion because you think the books will take too long to come), but this cannot always by guaranteed. Please try to think ahead and suggest any titles you know you will need for a certain date in good time.