Access & Hours
The Lee Seng Tee Library (Lee Library) is open to all current students, fellows and staff of Wolfson College, as well as Visiting Fellows and Scholars.
The building is open 24 hours a day all year with the exception of 25/26 December and 1 January (with early closing on 24 December and 31 December).
Access to the main rooms is controlled by your University Card.
Watch these videos to find out more:
- Using the library (with audio) - an introduction to our services and facilities
Measures remain in place for your safety:
- Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes have been provided throughout the Library.
- Maintain social distancing of 1m+. You do not have to wear face coverings when seated at a desk, provided the space is well-ventilated and it is possible to maintain a social distance of 1 m+.
- Please wear a face covering in places where other College members cannot move away (when browsing shelves near occupied desks), whenever social distancing cannot be maintained, and if someone asks when you meet them.
- Please don’t move the chairs around. They have been placed so that no two students sit back-to-back.
- We need to maintain ventilation in the rooms by keeping the windows open. If it is a cool day, please bring an extra layer to wear.
- You can eat snacks in the Library as long as it in keeping with previous guidelines: nothing messy, with a strong smell, or hot. We strongly encourage you not to eat a meal at your desk but to take a break from the Library instead.
Our collections primarily support taught courses taken by our students. However, do get in touch if you are a researcher and we may be able to purchase books that will aid your research. We also have collections on study skills, wellbeing and travel. If you are not sure how to find a book in the Library read our page on Finding Books or watch this video:
- Finding and borrowing books (with audio) - using iDiscover, how to borrow, recall and return books.
Request and Collect
Rather than browse the shelves, you can use Request and Collect. Please fill in the online form to request up to 5 books at a time and we will fetch them for you. They will be available for collection on the following working day from the table in the foyer. Books will be checked out to your account so you don't need to come into the Reading Room.
|Day request placed online||Day available for collection|
Suggest a Book Purchase
Library users are welcome and encouraged to make suggestions for new book purchases for the Library at any time; please fill in the online form. All suggestions are considered carefully in the context of the Lee Library Collection Development Policy, current purchasing priorities and in consultation with the relevant Director of Studies for the subject area, where necessary. We don't always buy specialist research material; consideration may be given to the likely number of users and the longevity of a title when deciding whether to make a purchase.
Books often arrive within a few days but occasionally we use specialist books suppliers or source second-hand copies that may take longer to arrive. We will always get back to you if that is the case. Please try to think ahead and suggest any titles you know you will need for a certain date in good time.
As a Wolfson student, you have access to the University of Cambridge’s extensive range of books, journals and online databases. Many of these resources are accessed via iDiscover, however, some are only listed and accessed via the portals listed below. Our librarians are here to help you make the most of this wealth of material.
- Everything (including books, ebooks, journals, articles, news, reports)
- Books (including books, ebooks, and journals)
- Article Databases (including scholarly articles, news, reports)
- Journals (search for a particular journal title in print and electronic format)
Other study spaces in College
If the spaces in the Library are full, you have lots other options for study in college. You can see the full range on the Facilities Update page, but they include:
• Club Room
• Karen Spärck Jones Room
• Old Combination Room
• Seminar Room (bookable)
• Roger Needham Room (bookable)
• Gatsby Room (bookable)
• Syndicate Rooms 1 - 4 (bookable)
• Syndicate Rooms 5 & 6 (bookable)