Updated 19 July 2021
College guidance over the summer
We have guidelines in place throughout the College to keep our community safe and well post-19 July 2021.
Face coverings help protect others, please carry one with you at all times on the College site and adhere to the following:
- If you are in a place where another member of College cannot move away, then you must wear a face covering unless you are exempt. This includes the Porters’ Lodge, the servery, the coffee bar, and the bar.
- If you are in a crowded indoor space where social distancing cannot be maintained, please wear a face covering.
- If someone asks you to wear a face covering when you are meeting with them, please do so.
Social spaces and social distancing
We strongly encourage you to maintain a social distance of 1m+ in all shared spaces where possible.
- Shared spaces must be well-ventilated. Keep doors and windows open.
- Please keep the numbers in any space to a reasonable level; if a space looks crowded, or makes you uncomfortable, then do not go in.
- Similarly, if a space becomes too crowded, and makes you uncomfortable, you should leave. Ask for help to find alternative places to gather.
- Please always consider using the gardens to gather rather than indoors. Instead of the gym, for example, you could choose to exercise outside.
- Use hand sanitisers and wash your hands regularly.
Regular testing is critical to keep the Wolfson and wider community safe.
- We ask all members of College to use lateral flow testing regularly.
- If you live in, or come to College daily, then please test at least twice a week. If you are planning to come into College, please test before you come in.
- Do not come into College if the test is positive or if you have any Covid symptoms.
- Residents must inform the Porters and staff should inform their Head of Department if they have a positive Covid test, have symptoms, or are self-isolating.
We urge everyone to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible. Pop-up vaccination centres are available in many places in Cambridge.
If you are concerned or have questions about vaccinations, please contact the Covid Support Officer.
Visitors to College
We are happy to welcome visitors back to Wolfson as of Monday 19 July. We must, however, remain vigilant.
- Members can bring guests into College again, to Formal Hall (one guest only) and to other indoor spaces.
- Wolfson members (including current students, Fellows and alumni) may also book rooms for short stays, depending on availability.
- We can only accept visitors from within the UK or from countries on the 'green list'.
- Only current and incoming students can book rooms for the purpose of quarantining. All residential guests will be expected to take a COVID-19 test before arrival and must agree to follow all guidance in place in College to help keep our community safe.
Check the University's COVID-19 resources for the most recent updates or explore these pages for further detail.