Providing access to a 24/7 online global community wherever you are, Big White Wall offers a safe space online to share your thoughts, get creative, and to access resources and courses to help you manage your mental health and wellbeing.
On Big White Wall, you are totally anonymous to other members in the community, and your personal information is kept secure while you are on the site. Neither the University nor your College will be informed if you’ve signed up to Big White Wall or know of your activity unless moderators at Big White Wall are seriously concerned about your immediate safety.
Most members report feeling better and more able to cope with their workloads as a result of using the service and nearly 90% use Big White Wall outside of 9-5pm.
On the platform, you can sign up under ‘organisation’ with your academic @cam e-mail address.
Big White Wall will supplement and extend, but not replace counselling and emotional support offered by the UCS to students.
Big White Wall offers:
- An anonymous peer-to-peer community where members can support each other online
- This community is moderated by trained professionals available 24/7 (Care quality commission (CQC) registered and clinically moderated)
- Out of hours support: evenings, weekends, holidays
- Access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Self-assessments & recommended resources
- Creative tools to help members express how they are feeling
- A wide range of self-guided courses for members to do at their own pace
Mental Health and Wellbeing Courses provided by Big White Wall include Managing Depression, Managing Social Anxiety and Managing Self Harm. There are many more to choose from. Also available for members are Healthy Lifestyle Courses or Self-Development Courses.
There are a variety of tools available which help members get the most out of each course such as:
Printable Worksheets - a selection of templates which can be used to self-monitor and complete homework tasks
Goal-Setter - A tool members can use to create, save and review goals
Journal - A private space which allows time for reflection.