Information for students staying in College over the winter break
- The Porters’ Lodge is staffed 24/7 during the Christmas closure.
- The Porters on duty are your first point of contact for information, advice and/or during an emergency. Please call the Porters’ Lodge on 01223 335900.
- College access will be unchanged, and the rear gate will be operable via University card as usual.
- Coffee Shop Winter Closure: Closed from 12 December 2022 (last day – 9 Dec) to 9 January 2023.
- Kitchen & Servery Christmas Closure: Closed after breakfast on the 23 December and re-opens for lunch on the 3 January 2023.
Note: between 23 December - 3 January, resident students are welcome to bring food cooked in their own kitchens to eat in the Dining Hall, if they would like to come together and eat at the same time. Please just make sure you leave the space as you find it and remove any rubbish.
The College Nurse is on annual leave from 8 December, and the drop-in clinic will resume at 11am on 02 January. Please visit the Health, Injury and Illness webpage for more information.
During the closure period, students are directed to the following health guidance:
- For a non-urgent health matter, contact a community pharmacist or your registered GP.
- For an urgent health concern, call your registered GP or, if out of hours, call 111.
- For a life-threatening emergency, call 999 or attend Addenbrooke's Hospital A&E.
- Let the Porters' know if you're unwell and have called 999 or attended A&E.
- The Library and Computer Room will remain open via card access 24/7. Self-service borrowing and returns will be in operation throughout the Christmas period.
- Library staff will be unavailable during the College closure period, 23 December to 2 January 2023. You can still make book suggestions via our order form and if you have a question, get in touch; we will respond to both on our return to work.
- Information about using the Library is on the library’s web pages and academic support, including videos and step-by-step guidance, is available on our LibGuide.
The gym will be open for registered gym members as usual.
During the winter closure period, College members can file a request for maintenance or repairs via the online maintenance request form as usual. In an emergency please call the Porters’ Lodge.
Mental health and wellbeing support
- For mental health information, podcasts and videos, visit mentalhealth.org.uk.
- For an online community where you can listen, share and be heard, join Side by Side from the mental health charity Mind.
- For support in a mental health crisis, call the First Response Service on 111, Option 2 or text SHOUT to 85258.
- If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide, call HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141. Available 9am to midnight every day, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year.
- Or, call the Samaritans day or night on 116 123.
- Or, call CALM on 0800 58 58 58, 5pm-midnight.