In fifty-five years, Wolfson College has built a thriving community of learning and research, an educational experience that helps unlock the potential of our scholars, and an environment that supports our people and cultivates interests: cultural, sporting, social, and intellectual.
As we look forward to our future, we seek to build our Endowment to ensure that the College has a reliable source of income.
As a charity, Wolfson devotes all of its available funds to supporting its charitable objects of education, learning and research. A larger endowment, generating increased and regular income, provides the College with a solid and reliable source of funding for those activities. More income provides more studentships and bursaries as well as enabling us to enhance our sporting and social facilities and maintain our site and buildings. A larger endowment also allows us to plan ahead and to withstand the sorts of fluctuations in income caused by unexpected events, like the current pandemic. Finally, long-term capital growth means we are able to invest in the educational experience of not just our current students but of generations to come as well.
Jo Cheffins, Bursar
The College's Strategic Priorities
- Promote Research & Scholarly Excellence through scholarships and research fellowships
- Cultivate our Interdisciplinary Research Hubs as they tackle the biggest challenges facing society
- Widen Participation by increasing access and shining a spotlight on racial and gender inequalities
- Invest in our Estates and Facilities to foster academic and extra-curricular excellence
How you can help
There are many ways to contribute to our campaign:
- Make a one-off or regular Gift
- Leave a Legacy to the College in your Will
- Join the President's Circle with an annual gift of £1000
- Join the Bredon Fellowship – for significant support over £250,000
- Share the word about Wolfson to students and to potential supporters