Information about Wolfson's arrangement with Scudamore's punts.
Please verify the rates with Scudamore's Punting Company before proceeding to make a booking.
Exclusive Cheap Rates
1. Hourly self-hire
£9.00 per hour per punt (College backs or Grantchester), Canadian canoe or rowboat (Grantchester only).
£18.00 per hour per ferry (12 seater) punt (Grantchester only).
2. All Day & Overnight self-hire punts & rowboats for Grantchester - All Day Punts are available from the mainboatyard from 09:00 and do not have to be returned until the day’s closing time or 21:00, whichever is the earlier. Self-locking Overnight Punts can be collected from the main boatyard between 17:00 and the day’s closing time. They can be returned any time up until 09:00 the next morning.
£45.00 all day hire single punt (Grantchester only).
£90.00 all day hire ferry punt (Grantchester only).
May Week is the climax of the University year and students’ favourite time to go punting. Due to demand Scudamore’s opening hours are extended over much of the period, including a period where they are open 24 hours at Mill Lane. They offer Scheme members a priority online booking service for the most popular services available during this period.
1. Punts - 60 punts available for hire on the Backs, split between Mill Lane and Magdalene Bridge stations. Further 60 punts for Grantchester, available from the main boatyard on Mill Lane.
2. Opening hours - If there is a demand for punts, Scudamore’s remains open. In particular, this means that they stay open late - up until 23:00 during the summer. During May Week they are open 24 hours.
3. Operating season - They open every day of the year, except Christmas Day, weather permitting. The Scheme discount applies throughout the year.
4. Hire procedure - Scheme members are required to leave a security deposit (debit/credit card imprint plus valid College photo ID card) and sign standard terms and conditions before hire commences.