The official Life at Wolfson page is at http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/local, but you can find some miscellaneous stuff here. Some of this information may be outdated. Please feel free to send in corrections if you notice any. For more up-to-date information, refer to the student handbook.
Big Screen in Club Room The Club Room has a big screen which is occassionally used to show major events and films. If you would like to book the Club Room screen for an event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Screen Facilities Seminar Room The Seminar Room has a projector to which WCSA has connected a DVD player and video. It may also be used with the cable TV unit or a laptop. However, the projector may only be used by those trained by the College Electrician and put on the list in the Porters Lodge. It is occasionally used for major sports events and often used by Wolfson's film societies. Only Wolfson students are eligible!
Televisions There are three TVs in college for WCSA member use and all of them have the Virgin Media XL Package (Movies and Sports).: Lee Room - Widescreen TV can be used at any time. Small TV Room - Key must be booked out at the Porter's Lodge and also contains a DVD player, VCR Video player and CD/tape player. The WCSA video collection can also be found in this room, in the cupboards, as well as board games and children's play equipment and toys. Clubroom - Widescreen TV primarily for the showing of major televised events. Please be considerate of other users of the clubroom if wishing to use the TV. The use of this TV is second to any other events being held in the clubroom and should only be used after 8pm during the week and after 1.30pm on the weekend. Please use the other TVs in college outside of these hours.
Snooker & Pool There is a full-size snooker table in the Lee Room. This can be used between 7am and 11pm every day, at a nominal fee of 50p. Bookings to be made at the Porters' Lodge. Equipment - balls, cues, etc. - is kept in a cupboard in the Lee Room; key from the Porters' Lodge. Your College Card is required as a deposit. WCSA's pool table is in the Clubroom at a fee of 20p per game. The revenues of both facilities are used to maintain and resurface them.
WCSA Cupboard The WCSA cupboard is a space for student groups and the WCSA committee to store necessary equipment and props. A key may be signed out from the porter's lodge in order to access the cupboard, which is located across from the vending machines. Only recognised groups are allowed storage room in the cupboard; in order to maintain this privilege, they must comply with the following rules:
- Societies MUST keep the WCSA cupboard clean and tidy.
- Any items not put away properly in their correct lockers will be thrown away (with the exception of the Ultimate Work Out/Yoga mats).
- It is up to individual societies to maintain their lockers – anything found in your locker that does not belong to your society should either be returned to the appropriate locker or thrown away.
- It will be noted in the WCSA audit which societies have complied or failed to adhere to the above rule – this in turn may affect non- compliant societies’ funding at the next budget meeting.
Posters in College Due to the increasing numbers of posters being put up around college, WCSA would like to remind everyone of the restrictions regarding posters:
- Posters should only be placed in designated noticeboards: outside the computer room, Porters' Lodge, back corridor behind the clubroom and some accommodation-block corridors.
- Permission must be obtained from WCSA to put posters elsewhere (e.g. the walls and supports in the clubroom).
- Bluetack and NOT sellotape must always be used to stick posters to walls.
Storage The College has a limited amount of storage space for labelled trunks, suitcases and boxes (well-sealed, please) in 'W' block cellar. Every student can only put 2 items for his period of residence down there. Forms can be obtained at the Porters' Lodge.