Wolfson College Music Society provides a wide range of concerts throughout the year.
- Our Lunchtime Concert Series is held on Saturdays at 1.30pm in the Lee Hall and showcases musical talent from across the university.
- There are major choral concerts at the end of Michaelmas and Lent Term Concerts. These give performance opportunities to the College Choir, and to talented Wolfson soloists and ensembles and outside guests such as BBC Radio 2 Young Chorister of the Year.
- Music & Madeira are professional concerts in the Lee Hall following Formal Hall. Recent performers include flautist Daniel Pailthorpe, tenor Andrew Kennedy, Classico Latino, The Revolutionary Drawing room, The King's Men and guitarist Craig Ogden.
- There are also occasional Early Music recitals on selected Friday evenings before Formal Hall
- A recent addition to our concert calendar is Wolfson Jazz Night, a collaboration between WCSA & WCMS
- Our end of year concert is The Mary Bevan Recital given by winners of the CUMS Concerto competition.
Easter Term 2017
Music & Madeira - Friday 5 May 9pm
Iosif Purits - Classical Accordion & Cecilia Bignall - cello
A special Formal Hall followed by a recital in the Lee Hall
Duo Bayanello were PLG Young Artists in 2015 and Iosif Purits was the first
BBC Introducing Classical artist.
The Mary Bevan Recital - Sunday18 June, 7.30pm, Lee Hall
With the winner of the 2017 CUMS Concerto Competition
Stephanie Childress Violin accompanied by Kumi Matsuo.
Stephanie was also a string finalist in the 2016 BBC Young Musician of the Year
Violin sonatas by Ysaye, Brahms and Strauss
Admission £10 (£5 concession for students and children), free to Wolfson members and their guests
Tickets available on the door. Enquiries to email@example.com