Wolfson Intake Weekend
Arrangements are made to welcome all new students to the College on the weekend before the beginning of Full Term, which for 2016 is 1 and 2 October. A number of social events are organised in order to allow you to meet your fellow students, including a buffet supper and guided tours of the College. There will be a timetable of events in your welcome pack upon arrival and a copy will be sent out to you beforehand.
When you first arrive please report to the Porters’ Lodge which is located just inside the front entrance to the college. The Head Porter, Mike Wignall, Deputy Head Porter, Miles Stratton, or any of the Duty Porters will be able to answer most questions you may have, or they will point you in the direction of someone who can.
You must attend to the following administrative matters in the first few days:
- Collect your Welcome Pack containing important and helpful information about the University and the College;
- Pay your fees at the College Office;
- Take your Student Finance Entitlement letter (if applicable) to the College Office;
- Matriculate (that is, complete the formal registration process);
- Make arrangements to meet your Tutor;
- Take your passport and visa to the Tutorial Office for scanning (Non UK/EU students only).
- Information on how to register with a General Medical Practitioner (GP) and how to set up a UK bank account are included in your welcome pack; both of these activities can be completed upon arrival in Cambridge if required.
Details and packs are available from the Welcome Desk staffed by current students. Please be sure to come into the College during the intake weekend, even if you are not going to be living in College, or if you arrive in Cambridge well in advance of these dates.